We attempt to establish a sustainable Safari park in Firoozabad, Iran. The goal of this project is education, preservation and protection of Iranian nature and wildlife while at the same time introducing the latest environmental-friendly technologies.
The feasibility study and project plan are already accomplished by TU Delft University and the park is now in the architectural designing stage at the mentioned university.
In the project plan of Negin safari park, the first animals to inhabit the park where selected. The goal of this selection was to make this park as interesting as possible, while not overlooking competitive advantages of that other zoos in the area offer.
After selecting species, the quantity of each species was calculated according to a minimum quantity in order to have the animals not show any steroid behavior and the required area of habitant was calculated.
The request support for this project is to recheck the selection and the required quantity of animals and their area. In addition, to make park more interesting, you can introduce a few small domestic mammals for the park. A complete list of domestic mammals can be found in following link: https://ngosimba.nl/iran-wildlife-mammals/
In addition, animal caring programs have to be established, including feeding, caring and a breeding program. A Zoo-management program is also required, including defining tasks for animal keepers and trainers. All these programs are required with cost calculation.
The following information is already collected and will be given to you at the beginning of the project:
- Project plan of Negin safari park
- Meteorological data and maps of the establishment area
- Catalogue of Negin safari park
- At the beginning, a clear concept of the plan after primary studies.
- A news item for the website in which the students introduce themselves and their concept.
- Recheck the selection and required quantity and area.
- Prepare a feeding program with cost estimation.
- Prepare a caring program with cost estimation.
- Prepare a breeding program with cost estimation.
- Zoo-management program including defining tasks for animal keepers and trainers.
- PowerPoint presentation.