We intend to establish an animal shelter and dog training center in several areas in Iran. This project is known as Shalimar (www.ngosimba.nl/shalimar-project) and consists of several activities.
In the first place, our mission is to take as much as possible homeless cats and dogs off the Iranian streets, providing them with the medical care they need and finding them a new and loving home. Right now, these activities are undertaken by volunteers which open up their own homes for the animals. But the available space is limited, and we cannot help as much animals as is necessary.
That is why we want to establish animals shelters and dog training centers near several cities in Iran, where all facilities are available to give the animals a great new start in life. They receive the necessary medical care and each dog is analyzed carefully by experts to determine what new life is the best option for that specific dog based on its character. For example: being a family dog, being a helping dog to disabled people, being a watchdog etc. The dogs are trained and socialized for their new career to give them the best possible start for their new life. After that a new and loving home is found for them, where they are placed under close supervision of NGO Simba.
Recently, a student of HAS University of Applied sciences designed a basic plan for the animal shelter and dog training center.
The current projects can be considered as sub-projects, including the following:
- Revise the complete design, studies and calculations of the previous report of HAS university of applied sciences.
- Adjust what is necessary in the existing design in close cooperation with our engineers.
- If preferred, start a whole new design and studies for the animal shelter and dog training center, taking into consideration the many different climates of Iran.
- Interior design of the animal shelter and dog training center.
- Calculations on energy supply, water supply etc.
- A business model for this center
- Information on equipment for the shelter and training center
The following information is already available and will be given to you at the beginning of the project:
- General technical points for designing this center
- Previous study on the design of the building by HAS university of applied sciences.
- At the beginning, a clear concept of the plan after primary studies.
- A news item for the website in which the students introduce themselves and their concept.
- Revision of the existing design and calculations or new design, studies and calculations.
- Conceptual and sketch design.
- Design of the center in 2D and 3D.
- Project plan report with cost estimation and analysis.
- PowerPoint presentation.
Note: NGO Simba will supervise the students intensively. We will have comments and requirements in each step of the project. For example, for providing water and power we want renewable technologies to be considered etc. and we have general suggestions and comments which need to be followed. Next to that it should be noted that whenever students are comparing different methods or materials, we want to see the advantages and disadvantages of each method / material and comparison of them with each other.